Monday, December 9, 2013

Gift idea: snap bags!

snap bag tutorial

Every year there are a couple of people on my list that are SO difficult to buy Christmas gifts for.  This year two of them are women and I’m just racking my brain trying to think of something meaningful, thoughtful, and/or useful to give.  Can you tell I’m a fairly practical gift giver?  I try to give handmade gifts when I can and so when I saw this great snap bag display that Laura made I knew this fit the bill! 

Laura used three prints from the Winter’s Lane fabric line from Moda to make this snap bag. 

Have you seen these?  They are so clever!  The top closure is made using metal tape measure pieces.  Next time you stop by the shop be sure to go and check out this bag.  It’s so fun to play with. 

snap bag tutorial

These bags are easy to open and close --perfect for little fingers or also for adults who have difficulty with the pinching motion that zippers and snaps require.   

I found two fantastic (and free!) snap bag tutorials for you:



These two tutorial as well as 20 other great bag, tote and purse tutorials can be found on our pinterest board!  It’s full of great gift ideas.  Go check it out, find your favorite tutorial and then stop by the Fabric Mill and we’ll help you pick out the perfect fabrics for your project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment